Saturday, January 10, 2009

Just some tid bits

My naked little monkey dancing on the desk




I had a few things to share so I'm writing a brief post to share my over the top excitement about Luke the past two days. When he woke up in the morning on Thursday, his poor little behind was itchy and had some red spots on it, so I let the little guy run around without a diaper on for awhile. While playing on mommy's bed, I asked if he had to go pee pee and he said no, but then proceeded to climb down and go into the bathroom and pee on his potty! The most he's ever gone :) He got much praise of course



Then about an hour and a half later when asked if he needed to use the potty he said no again. This time he was pretty certain.....until offered a Skittle. I know I know...we're not supposed to reward and punish our children with food, but scold me if you must, I rewarded. He indeed went pee again (about the same amount) as last time.



Yesterday with the promise (again) of an animal cracker Luke used his small toilet one more time! YEAH!! :) The kicker came at bedtime lastnight though. When I told him it was time for bed, on his own he said "use potty" as he climbed down off the bed and wandered into the main bathroom (where his potty chair is NOT) so I had to correct him and tell him to come in mommy's bathroom to use his potty. He pointed at the large toilet and said "big potty". Sure enough I held him on it and he peed and peed away, wiped, flushed it, and PUT THE SEAT DOWN!!! Look at that, he's already ahead of his daddy! :) Call me crazy I know, but I almost got teary eyed as my not-even-two-year-old used the adult potty for the first time!



I know it was a long story....about a kid peeing, so thanks for bearing with me.


____________________________________________________________________



I also found a couple of long lost Christmas pics I wanted to post two of them and some from yesterday and today.




Luke partaking in Aunt Dana's "graham cracker house" - eating the M and M's off the top.




Taking a quick break



Daddy and Luke taking a nap together



Fell asleep on the couch in the afternoon. Guess it was nap time.



Getting ready to climb on the desk




Doing some more Wii bowling......he scored an 85 by the 7th frame! It took him 1/2 an hour but hey....who's counting.


Found him walking around in my new boots. No idea how he got them on!



0 comments: