Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Sorry for being gone so long!!

WOW! I can't believe (well yeah I can) that's it' been so long since I posted a decent post. Between my computer crashing and having facebook to keep in touch, I have been very lax on keeping my blog updated.

As many know, our basment is officially done!! David put in a lot of hard work in Feb and we can now enjoy our Buckeye-esqe room. I never cease to be impressed by his talent! :) You can check those pictures out on facebook for now. I will post some here as well. Our furniture arrived a week ago and we just bought some shelving for Luke's toys. I still need to wipe down the walls and do a little touch up painting where the walls/trim were scuffed with the carpet installation.

Luke is as ornery as ever. He gets more and more independent every day! Everything is "Luke David do it". He climbs up everything and jumps OFF everything! He loves to run and have us chase him, or have us run carrying him so the dogs will chase us both! He's a good eater (even ate some of my fish and spinach (with vinegar on it), the other night! LOVES LOVES LOVES fruit though....blueberries, grapes, bananas, and pineapple are among the favorites. He is STILL sleeping in his crib......cause mommy isn't ready to deal with a toddler in and out of bed at all hours! Since I'm still working nights half the time and really like the naps with Luke before I go in the evening, I'm not ready to give that up! He loves to climb into his bed for nap/bedtime, but has never climbed out. That'll be my sign I guess! He uses the potty on ocassion, but seems to have lost a little interest unless he's bribed with a sticker or food. Since he loves to go outside, we're looking into finally buying a swingset for him so he actually has something to do when we got out. Hopefully we'll get the area mulched in for him and put his sand and water table there as well. Just waiting for it to get a tad warmer out! Since Luke talks all the time now, I'll have to get some on video and post it soon.

Other than that, we've been very slow in the NICU for the last month or so. It was certainly a welcome change at the beginning but now has become a little more scary. Since we have adequate staff now, there are a lot of nurses typically scheduled for each shift and we're having to call off (either voluntarily or mandate) 3+ nurses each shift. Again, it was nice to be able to take of a day or two here and there, but now we're being forced to sometimes twice a week. We can opt to just stay home for 4 hours (which means I could come and work for the other 8) and that counts as my turn. But people are running out of holiday/vacation time and are having to take the time unpaid. I have been 12 hours short on my last 3 pays. Aultman is making some big cutbacks right now anyhow....have not had to let go of staff yet, but they're doing everything but. Just say a prayer that our unit picks up enough for most of the nurses to get their hours in. At least David has been working fairly steadily the past 3 weeks or so which has been wonderful!

In Family News - I can't believe my baby sister is getting married in 3 months!!! Isn't she still 4?
David's sis Dana is closing in on the end of her 2nd trimester and will be registering this week!! YIPEE :)

Heather's hubby David accepted a pharmacy teaching position at Ohio Northern which will allow them to live in the Perrysburg area (Toledo) and commute to the University and allow Heather to keep her current teaching postion in Michigan. They're in the process of house hunting!! Yeah :) Totally not fair that they BOTH will have their summers off TOGETHER!!


Enjoy the Luke pictures below.....I'm doing the "Biggest Loser" at work and am trying to win the thing so I can get some money!! If that happens, I plan to purchase (I think) a new Digital SLR camera. A Canon Rebel Xsi - I know several people who have it and LOVE it. So in the next few months hopefully my pictures will be even better!! :) We'll see......lost 15 lbs so far, which doesn't seem like a lot, but there have been quite a few who have slacked off! haha. It ends April 15, so I'll let you know how it turns out!! Now on to the pictures!

Took Luke to Chucky Cheese's for the first time the week after his bday. It was very crowded but he LOVED it!!


Playing at the sink.....washing his dinosaurs.



Daddy made Luke a towel hat.



OCD?? All of these bottles started out in the box and before I knew it, Luke had stacked them neatly on my partyware boxes! What a little weirdo!! :)



Visiting a friend of mine Rachel and her 3 month old Lily. Luke was enamored with her (for about 10 minutes) and wanted to hold her. Being very gentle :)




"Baby Yily" - so excited to have her.





New girlfriend - giving kisses!



Luke wanted to show Lily his "bracelet" (mommy's hair band), She actually seemed quite intrigued!




My recent facebook profile pic....after the visit with Lily, he wanted some spaghetios. So we stripped down and let him eat on the counter. Sauce ended up on the walls, floor, dogs, chairs etc. Guess who will never let her son do that again??? (Not that I didn't see it coming in the first place!!)




The hunting buddies




"Ooops you caught me!!"





Climbing into his bed




Rock rockin with "big blue bear"




Common bedtime position!





Mmmm, nothin beats some yummy bath water!




Bathtub posing





Actually he pretends to lay down and go "night night" :)




Smelling his stinky feet



Lovin bath time!



Went for an over due visit to see Luke's great great grandma and grandpa! They really got a kick out of him of course!



The boys adorable, but I can't get him to smile with his eyes open anymore!! :)



Goofball!








Another favorite activity....climbing barefoot up the side of the steps.



That's all folks....till next time. I'll post some basement photos is a few days!



2 comments:

Jenn said...

Angela~
Oh my goodness! Your little Luke is just precious! He's growing so quickly and it looks like he does a good job of keeping you on your toes. The spaghettios picture is too funny. Ok, so I read about the Biggest Loser contest and honestly didn't think you had 15 lbs to lose! Congrats on your hard work! I've been trying unsuccessfully. I'll be saying some prayers that you get some growers at work...healthy babies to keep you busy :) I think of you and our experience in the NICU often. So nice to catch up on your family! I'm right there with you on how long its been since I've posted. Yikes!
Hugs!
Jenn

Piland Family said...

Get to posting lady! I always enjoy your pictures. How did the biggest loser competition at your work turn out?

Thanks for your encouragement on our blog. You are so sweet!